Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Remote Shutter Release/Intervalometer for D90

I recently bought a remote shutter release/intervalometer for my D90. I bought it from Amazon although I think there are places where it is less expensive. The first one I received broke the first time I used it. The plug that plugs into the D90 GPS socket broke in two when I pulled it out. I called the company that I bought it from and they had a new one to me in two days. The second one has been working great.

I have always been interested in time lapse photography so tonight I tried it. Cloud cover was moving in so I put my camera on a tripod and pointed it to the west. I then noticed what the shutter and aperture were when I focused it and then changed the white balance, shutter speed, f/stop, and focus to manual. I set the timer to take a picture forever every three seconds. I then sat back and read a book for about 30 minutes. Not having QuickTime Pro, I used Windows Movie Maker and after changing the options to 0.125 seconds for each frame with a 0.25 interval I got the movie. I think it was pretty good for my first time. I'm looking forward to shooting star trails and a star time lapse movie.

You can see it at:

No comments:

Post a Comment